How to use the blog...
Thursday, June 18, 2009
The Chickadee Cat Club would like to take a moment to thank everyone who helped to make the 2nd ACFA Championship & Household Pet Cat show a resounding success. We truly appreciate all the volunteers, exhibitors, sponsors, advertisers, judges, spectators, and so many others who made the day one to remember. Your hard work and dedication were just fantastic. We hope to see you all next year!
Friday, June 5, 2009
It's almost here, everyone! Less than 12 hours to go until the 2nd ACFA Championship & Household Pet Cat Show. We hope everyone will join us tomorrow at the Capital Exhibit Centre, 339 Smythe Street, Fredericton, from 9 - 5. Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors and students (with ID), $3 for children 5-12, and children under 5 free. The best value for your money is the family pass, going for $10. For a dollar-off coupon, visit www.catshows.us/chickadeecatclub, or scroll down through the blog and print one off for you and a friend.
Remember that the exhibitors should arrive by 8, and gates open to the public at 9. A portion of the gate proceeds will go to the Kindness Club, which is celebratingits 50th anniversary this year. Donations of unopened pet food will be gratefully accepted at the door on behalf of the local food bank and animal shelters.
This year we have even more fabulous felines than in 2008, so pick up the phone, round up some friends, and come on over to the FREX for a day of cats, judging, auctions, raffles, vendors, face painting, art and SO MUCH MORE! >'.'<
Monday, June 1, 2009
Thanks again to Myfanwy Davies and the crew at CBC for helping to spread the word!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Before Entry Deadline (MAY 25):
* Get Show Flyer & Entry Forms online (ACFA web site, the blog, www.catshows.us or from the Entry Clerk (Bev Amos).
* Complete any registrations for your cats with ACFA (NOT always required, but it allows your cat to earn Titles, such as Champion or Royal).
* Fill out one Entry Summary Form and an ACFA Entry Form for each cat you are entering.
* Send all Entry Forms (with entry fee) to the Entry Clerk, either by email, mail, or in person
Preparing for the Cat Show:
* If this is your first ACFA cat show, or it’s been a while, there are several helpful articles written by the ACFA Cat Show:
"How Do Cat Shows Work"
"The Cat Show"
"Helpful Hints for the New Exhibitor"
"Preparing Your Cat for Show"
* Prepare your Show Curtains for your cat’s benching cage at the show.
* Pack for the show. At a minimum you need curtains, food/water and dishes, litter pan, padding for kitty to rest on, and any grooming tools you need.
* Clip your cat’s claws and bathe them prior to the show (how many days before depends on the breed and type of coat).
* Check-in with Entry Clerk (get your Exhibitor Catalogue and find out where you’re benched).
* Find and set up your benching area.
* Check the catalogue for correctness of your entries.
* Groom your cat for the first Judging Ring.
* Take a deep breath and relax, enjoy the day - it will help your cat be calm too.
After The Show:
* Sanitize your cat as soon as you return home or wherever you’re staying (e.g. mix tamed Iodine with warm water, dip their feet in it and wipe all over them with a wash cloth).
* Give any feedback you’d like to about the show to the Show Manager or other Committee Members.
* Register your cat with ACFA, if it isn’t already, before the next show.
* Fill out and send in Title Confirmation Form to ACFA if your cat earned a title such as Champion or Royal.
Friday, April 17, 2009
1) Read the Show Flyer. It has a lot of helpful information about the show itself, including a few rules and regulations.
2) ACFA Entry Form. You need to fill out one of these forms for EACH cat that you enter.
3) Chickadee Cat Club Entry Summary Form - You need to fill out just ONE copy of this form, no matter how many cats you enter. Submit this form and the ACFA Entry Form(s) to Bev Amos, with the entry fee, by the entry deadline.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Closer to the show, we hope that anyone who can will take a moment and put up a few posters in their local area. Since many people will only have access to 8.5 x 11 paper, Sherry has made up a slightly smaller version of the spectator poster for people to use.
As an added incentive to get spectators out to the show, please also feel free to print off the following dollar-off coupons, and distribute them to friends and family (and total strangers, for that matter!). If you are talking to people about the show, the coupons are a great way to provide them with a little "written record" of the show information.
Friday, March 27, 2009
We have three fabulous prizes to be drawn for:
1st - A cat themed, throw-size, “Cabin Cats” Rag Quilt (made by Louise Washburn and Sherry Pellerin)
2nd - Oak Cat Bed with Royal Canin Cat Food and Tunnel Toy (donated by Thompson Tigers and Royal Canin)
3rd - Feline Funky Lunch Bag with matching napkins, cutlery, and ice pack (made by Joan Gamble)Please call Bev Amos, 459-2780, to get some tickets to sell and a poster to have with you so you can show people what the prizes are (and don’t forget to ask for lots of tickets because you’ll want to buy a bunch for yourself when you see these prizes!). If you have a place at work or elsewhere you can put up the poster, you can write your name on it with a note asking people to see you for tickets.
Ticket prices are: